Monday 22 July 2013

Flower Show Challenge


Hi bloggers ..not posted for a while but sometimes the creative juices run dry....its as simple as that!!
My latest creation was using the Prima Engravers paper and embellishments from Bellaboo.
I really wanted to use these papers but wasn't sure what to do with the picture once I'd finished it...then eureka...a handsome gift for my good friend Tracy over at Craftings My Therapy....hope she likes it!!
I started off with a canvas picture, I took the picture off and was left with a frame which I  covered with bits of masking tape and distress inked, then sealed  with matt accents. 
(I got this technique from you tube..Cari Masciangioli.)

I started with two sheets of 12 x 12, used one for the base, then cut out the two main flower pictures from the second.

I highlighted parts of the flowers using Flitter glue and gilding flakes, then used glossy accents on the stems.

The next step was to mount the pictures on chipboard to make them more substantial, then distress and ink the edges , for the main picture I added a couple of corners from Creative Expressions, and use some foam pads to raise it off the page. I have used the Memory Box Fairy Tale Flower Border die to make the edging. The other picture I stuck back on flat to the page as it was going to be partially covered with flowers.

Lots of flowers and a bit of bling all from the Prima Engraver range






I printed this quote ( from the internet) onto paper and cut, distressed and inked to size to cover part of the paper that didn't really go with the theme ( a dollar bill). I then Distress crackle glazed to add a different texture.

1 comment:

  1. Its even better in the flesh - thank you for my pressie - wendy xx

    ReplyDelete